Askew Theatre Company is proud to present its
OUTSIDE THE BOX
10-Minute Play Reading Festival
The Festival will be presented in March 2020.
Click here to submit your play.
Please note, clicking on the link will open a new page leading to
our submission manager. You will need to sign up first, then
verify your email before you can log on and submit your play.
Once you've signed up and submitted your play, you can use
your account to check the status of your play at any time.
There are no submission fees. Open to all Playwrights in the Pacific Northwest and the rest of the U.S. Playwrights from the GLBTQ community and playwrights of color are highly encouraged to submit their work.
Think outside the box and show us your most creative work!
• Only 1 (one) submission per playwright, please.
• Only plays submitted through our submission management system will be considered.
Any scripts received through any other channel will be rejected without notification.
• All themes are encouraged, so long as they fit within our Mission.
• Script should be no more than 10 (ten) minutes in length.
• Submissions must be original works.
• Please use the Standard Dramatists Guild play formatting.
• Scripts must be submitted as PDF, .doc or .docx files.
• Only blind submissions will be accepted. Please do not include your name or any contact information
anywhere in the script.
Plays included in the play reading festival will be selected by a panel of professional theatre artists from the Pacific Northwest, and other parts of the U.S. Playwrights chosen for our play reading festival will receive a one-time payment of $20 for performance rights.
A total of 12 (twelve) plays will be selected for our reading festival, one third (4 plays) will be plays chosen from playwrights from the Pacific Northwest.
The play festival will run for two weekends with the first 6 (six) plays presented over the course of two evenings the first weekend and the following 6 (six) plays presented over the course of two evenings the following weekend.
At each performance, audiences will have the opportunity to vote on their favorite play. The playwright with the Audience Favorite for each weekend will receive a $100 honorarium and the possibility of having it recorded for Askew Radio Play program.
The Outside the Box 10-Minute Play Reading Festival is funded in part by a generous grant
from the Oregon Shakespeare Festival FAIR Program.
Click image below
to submit your play.